[Nfb-krafters-korner] New loom, sort of

Tanya Wheatley blind_quilter at msn.com
Wed Apr 25 21:14:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I contacted Authentic Knitting Board and found out their new loom with the
nylon pegs will be available in Hobby Lobby the end of May. I need to stay
busy to help time pass. LOL!

But in the meantime, I have created a new loom, sort of. I told everyone at
the chat that I had taken my AKB sock loom apart. It is an adjustable loom
with 2 sides that measure approximately 7 inches and have 25 pegs. There are
end pieces that measure approximately 1.25 inches and contain 5 pegs. One
side used to be stationary until I took the screw out! Yes, I have taken the
sock loom apart, but I can put it back together again. We went to Home Depot
today and I purchased two bolts and wing nuts for them. Roger found some
suitable nuts to go between the two long boards for a spacer, so I now have
a fine gauge double rake! Of course, it is small so all I can do is make
scarves with worsted weight yarn or panels to be sewn together to make
something bigger. But the fact is, I made a loom, sort of!

Tanya