[Nfb-krafters-korner] bookshairFW: craft books

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 16:59:44 UTC 2012

Hi all, You can put different kinds of files on the Book Port Plus, the
Victer Reader Streme, the Book Sense and the NLS player. The Book Port Plus
is in my book, the best little device of them all except the NLS player. I
find it to be the best one for me. I have found text files, MP3 files and
even books from BARD very useful. You can record directly to MP3 on a Book
Port Plus. I know that you can use MP3 files on the NLS book player as long
as you set up a special file for it first. I mainly use that particular
player for books. As for my Book Port Plus, I use text files, MP3 files and
a few other kinds of files that I don't use as often. The best thing about a
Book Port Plus is that you can play your recordings on your computer without
problems. One thing with the Book Port Plus is that you have to convert
anything that is from Word 2007 or later vertions into a text document in
order to read it on that player. I found out the hard way and it took me and
one of my friends who also has a Book Port Plus a day or so to figure that
one out. The Book Sense on the other hand doesn't allow you to play any file
from it on a computer. I have tryed it and wasn't very pleased. It has great
text to speech on it and an alarm clock but I personally don't see a point
to get something with an alarm clock and great text to speech if I wish for
something that does so much more than that especially if you were to get one
for a job. The Victer Reader Streme requires the special softwhare packige
if you want to get better file playing features on it. Not that the Victor
Reader Streme isn't great. The Victer Reader Streme was high on my RADAR
when I compaired it to the Book Port Plus. I discovered that the Book Port
Plus was the better option for me because of what my job requires for me to
use it for during work. I would choose the Victer Reader Streme as the next
best thing behind the Book Port Plus and the NLS player.
Kendra Schaber