[Nfb-krafters-korner] Dog ropes from old t-shirts?

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 1 17:52:38 UTC 2012

Hi, I was the one who said that I made dog ropes out of old T-shirts. You
need two T-shirts; one usually dark and the other a light color. First, I
cut the tops of the T-shirt off and only use the main part without the arms.
I usually also cut off the seam at the bottom too. I then cut down one side
of the main part of the T-shirt. Once I have done that, then I cut it into
no less than three to four inche strips. I do the very same thing to my
sedcond T-shirt. I know that you can make rags out of the T-shirt tops. I
don't make the rags. I donate them to a member of my guild who does make the
rags with the T-shirt tops. Well anyway, I take two strips of the lighter
color and one of the darker color and I make a not at one end. You can make
a loop but that's your choice. I then braid the strips together until there
is about two inches to spair. Once I get there, I then make another not at
the end. The nots have to be so tite that you can't easily take them apart.
I then artfully strip up the extra metereal which adds beauty to the dog
rope. If the rope is thinner than a half an inch in with, then you make two
more nots in the main rope which makes it shorter for the smaller dogs. I
hope that this will help you out!
Kendra