[Nfb-krafters-korner] Storing crafting supplies?

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:29:09 UTC 2012

Miranda, I ask the cashier to put the skeins of yarn in separate bags
according to color if I buy more than one color in the same size and type.
If you are buying beads retale, you could put them in envelopes or get
someone to help sort when you get home.  I label compartments where I store
yarn, drawers, or squares which is mostly what I have.  You can also wrap
Braille labels around the handle of a plastic bag which works pretty well if
you are piling up yarn on shelves or in the bottom of a closset.  I have
graduated to more space so I hope to not need to do that any more.  When
something is complete, I put a Braille label inside of it, usually a 3 by 5
card,  especially if several things are similar.  As my memory gets worse, I
need more labels.   Everybody works out his or her own system.  I like to
write on computer labels, because they already have sticky on the back which
makes it quicker.  However, I don't stick them to yarn, so then I stick
labels to the containers or shelves.

Hope this gives you a few ideas.

Ramona----- Original Message -----