[Nfb-krafters-korner] New list member interested in crafting

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 02:46:51 UTC 2012

Hello Miranda,

Welcome to the list.
This is my suggestion.

Go to our home page and click on the link for classes. Sign up for anything
that catches your interest. For example I had no idea what safety pin
beading was when I joined this group, so I signed up for a class to see what
it was all about. I ended up liking it. then I read about how all these
folks were loom knitting (whatever the heck that was), and so decided to
give that a try and enjoyed that as well. a few months after joining I
reflected that I had some experience with crocheting and decided to teach a
beginners class to others, though I didn't know much more than the basics.
Then folks started talking about how they used to make latch hook rugs, so I
taught a class in how to do that from remembering doing that myself years
ago.

Just jump in the pool, the water is warm.

There are also many resources online and in books about how to make a wide
variety of crafts.

Cathy