[Nfb-krafters-korner] sewing

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Fri Aug 10 20:53:39 UTC 2012

Nikki,
Some use a guide on the plate of the sewing machine.  The guide helps you keep your fabric straight.  They make guides that you can purchase, or we have used a thick magnet, a piece of card board taped along the plate that gives you a good edge.  Some have suggested using a ruler.

We mark the different stitch lengths using beads, puff paint etc.  Another good alternative is to use a dental floss threader to thread the sewing machine needle.

Hope these ideas help!

Cindy Z.