[Nfb-krafters-korner] fine wire necklace

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 02:48:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

For those of you who took my knitting with wire and beads on a loom class,
you know that I made one of the necklaces rather long because I was unable
to attach a clasp successfully. so instead I'd just twisted the ends of the
wire together. however last night and Today, motivated by the fact that I
might be able to sell one of these unique items tomorrow night at the Xmas
party, I made another fine wire necklace up and this time was successfully
able to attach a claw clasp. This necklace has a pattern of blue and white
beads on silver wire, so it will go with a variety of colored outfits. I
really like how it turned out. instead of adding beads between every peg on
every row, I chose to knit three pegs on the first row, then nit the next
row with only the wire, then knit with beads again on the third round. so if
you haven't knitted one of these delicate necklaces in awhile, don't forget
that a necklace in holiday colors would make a quick gift!

The more I learn, the more I want to learn!

Cathy