[Nfb-krafters-korner] speaking of yarn:

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:57:53 UTC 2012

Terri, Cathy and Others,

I love Hometown USA. It can split a bit, but I found the more I worked
on the yarn the better I got at not splitting it.

It is super bulky and I've made 2 baby blankets with it. I made a
purple and white striped one using Portland Wine and New York Snow and
a blue and yellow striped one using Charlotte Blue and Detona Lemon.
The colors are usually quite bright and crochet up nicely.

For other types of bulky yarns ...

Bernat has several bulky yarns that are quite nice and many of them
are superbly soft. The baby yarns are so thick and soft I want to make
myself a scarf. Unfortunately for me, the baby yarns are all pastelish
in colors and I like the brighter colors.

They do make this loopy feeling yarn that I've made a few hats out of.
It works up on a loom really nicely. I can't quite recall the type of
Bernat though, but it feels like small loops all lined up on a thread.

Sensations ... I think is the name of the yarn is also bulky and
incredibly soft. I've used Angel Hair for scarves and hats on the loom
and they are so, so, so soft. I've picked up a few skanes of Beautiful
by Sensations to try and make a cowl with. It was slightly furry like
Fun Fur by Lions.

Hope that helps some.