[Nfb-krafters-korner] yarn brands: what is good for what?

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 04:14:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I saw this post on another list and found it interesting, so thought I'd
share it.

Yarn brands

"1. Smooth wool yarns. Can't beat Knitpicks.com for that. Cascade 220 is a
good "LYS" option. Lion Brand makes some nice simple wools for
Joann's/Michaels. "I Love This Wool" at Hobby Lobby is also a good option.

2. Smooth acrylics. Can't beat RH Super Saver/Caron Simply Soft at
Joanns/Michaels/Walmart or "I Love this Yarn" at Hobby Lobby. A good "LYS"
option is Plymouth Encore. Bernat has some nice ones available at many
stores as well.

3. Cottons. Sugar n Cream is really the standard for dishcloth cottons.
Knitpicks.com has a few nice cottons for more variety. Plymouth makes some
good mercerized cottons. Cotton Ease by Lion Brand is great for clothing.

All of the above are between $2 and $9 a skein and come in multiple weights
and colors."

Cathy