[Nfb-krafters-korner] Upcoming felting class

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:55:25 UTC 2012

Could someone explain what felting is, being fairly new to fiber arts, in my mind I'm seeing those blocks of felt you see in a craft shop.
I understand one is using 100 % wool yarn, washing it in hot water and that it will skrink, but not sure how that is considered felting.
Thanks
Barb R.
Z6b

'Just living is not enough,' said the butterfly, 'one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.' ~ Hans Christian Anderson