[Nfb-krafters-korner] beginner crochet, quarter moon

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:48:45 UTC 2012

Hi Tanya,

I've been playing around with my yarn trying to figure out how you may have
created your quarter moon. I think I may have figured it out! when I
crocheted into the back rather than the front of the starting chain, I found
that after a few rows the fabric began to pull backward toward the chain
creating a rounded part by the chain while the rest of the piece puffed out.
it looked as though the beginning chain was too small for the piece and so
was pulling the piece too close together. if this is what was happening for
you, then try single crocheting into the opposite side of the chain than you
have been. The front side of the chain you want has two twisted strands in
it.

Cathy