[Nfb-krafters-korner] scarf help needed

Tanya Wheatley blind_quilter at msn.com
Sat Feb 25 23:51:25 UTC 2012

Hi Henry,

When I do a scarf using the purl as the border, I purl the same number of
stitches on each side. I know what Carol said about not doing the purl
stitch for the last one on the shawl, but I've always done say four stitches
at the beginning of my purl rows and at the end. So, if you are doing the
e-wrap stitch going clockwise, you will do the purl stitches at the
beginning and end of your counterclockwise rows to provide a nice border and
prevent the curling of the sides of the scarf. If you want to prevent the
edges from curling as well, you might wish to do a row of e-wraps followed
by an entire row of purls and repeat that twice.

Hope this helps!

Tanya