[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 03:18:46 UTC 2012

Lovette,

Run your finger down the left side of your hook. you will first find a sort
of bump, this is the right side of the following stitch. Just to the left of
that are two strands of yarn, one slightly behind the other, this is the
center of your next stitch. You place the hook end of your hook in the
center of this next stitch, behind the two strands of yarn, but in front of
the back of the stitch which has a twisted feel to it. it is pretty
difficult to actually stitch into the same stitch without pressing the yarn
over towards your right to fit in another stitch. This is done in crochet,
(this being how to increase stitches in a row) but is not what you want to
do right now.
When you finish a row, is the previous row shorter or longer than your
current row. if the previous row is shorter , then it could be that you are
indeed placing 2 single crochets in each or some of each, of the single
crochets in the previous row. however, if your previous row is longer than
your current row then you may be skipping stitches in your previous row.

Keep trying, I am glad to hear that your stitch tension is improving. Good
going, you are obviously practicing and benefiting from your practice.

Cathy
 .