[Nfb-krafters-korner] Help please

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Tue Jan 3 17:35:46 UTC 2012

Joyce,

Not sure if you got help or not yet for the Knifty Knitter "thing" *laugh.   Yes, you can rip out a row, but you have to just work backwards and undo each stitch taking the loop from the inside of the loom back over the peg and then that pulls the working yarn free.  You have to do this peg by peg and it is a pain.

I have worked with many students learning the loom and making hats.  It is easy to miss a stitch/drop a stitch which makes a hole!  My hunch is that you are not checking your work often.  If you notice a "HOLE" then try to fix it immediately.  You can go back and fix it or when learning, I teach to bring the loop up and put it on a peg that is close to where you found the open loop and knit it off.  This "stops" the hole from getting any bigger.  For a while, after you knit each row, stop and check to see if  you have any holes or loose loops hanging around.

Hope that helps!
Cindy Z.