[Nfb-krafters-korner] needle for super bulky yarn needed

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Jan 9 22:39:31 UTC 2012

Let me tell you something I remember about my Grandma.  She was a
crocheter and yes taught me how to crochet an awful long time ago.

Well Gram had a pair of scissors not too large maybe between 3 1/2 to 4
inches long.  They were nice sharp ones.  What I remember is that she  had a
piece of elastic that you would use to make a skirt.  The piece of  elastic
was looped thru one of the handles of these scissors and notted and then  she
had a large safety pin that she would pin these dangling scissors down from
 her stomach area of her dress.  The pin was large enough for her to just
reach down and find it quickly and the length of the elastic was not too
long or  too short, but the knot was important as it was easy to find and did
not get in  the way of using the scissors and they were usually pinned on her
unless she was  going out shopping.

I don't remember how old I was, but I do remember when I got my own
scissors and Gram fixed me up with the elastic and dangling scissors.  I  have
gone thru a lot of scissors since then.  I have used all different  methids to
keep track of the scissors.  The only thing that came close to  Gramma's way
was a quilter friend of my Mom's made me this cathedral window  pouch to
hold a pair of scissors and it had this piece of gross grain ribbon  attached
to it so it would dangle down.  I just had to add the safety pin  as I think
it was suppose to loop thru your belt loop.  I have to look for  this
pouch.  My Mom's friend did all her sewing by hand  and she  passed away within
the last 5 talk with her friend Anne.

Gee whiz memories sneek up and just grab you at times.

In a message dated 1/9/2012 5:11:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,