[Nfb-krafters-korner] Forest Spirit Plate and Next Class

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Jan 12 15:09:16 UTC 2012

For those who have ZoomText or can have someone else look for you,  I am attaching SEVEN  photos of the project from Tuesday's class.

I used about 4 pounds of mid-fire clay.
The photos show the shape I gave the plate after I put it on the newspaper mound.  Other pictures depict the inside surface of the form after I had used the doiley from the Dollar Tree. Also have photos of the four little feet made from the coffee measure cup, on the bottom. Finally, how the piece looks when standing on it's feet.
Today the piece is getting close to being leather hard. I am still keeping it covered to insure that it will dry slowly and evenly.
After this piece becomes "bone dry" it will be ready for it's first firing.
It will probably be a couple of months before I do that since I don't go to the art center until March. It will be "bisque" fired, then glazed, and then "glaze fired."

Our next class will be making a nice cylinder vase with Puffy Handles on Thursday evening, January 19th at 8 pm eastern time.  Everyone is welcome to attend.

Get yourself some clay - can be ANY kind of clay you like.
Join the FUN and have a nice vase after the class that you can use or give as a VALENTINE's DAY GIFT to someone special in your life.

Lynda River Woman
Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117