[Nfb-krafters-korner] a request for information

Sahar Husseini sahar at inebraska.com
Sat Jan 21 21:30:29 UTC 2012

Baby steps are good.  I personally never use thread; I just never feel that it is sturdy enough.  I've always used professional beading wire; it holds the best.  I would not recommend fishing line, but people do use it.  My favorite size for beading wire is .024.  The folks at beading shops or catalogs would know what you mean if you ask for a size.  The .019 is very popular, but I only use that for pearls or gemstones with small holes.  I also think that wire is easier for stringing than thread, but if you want to work with seed beads, a lot of times people use thread or very thin wire with a needle.  It's really different strokes for different folks.  *smile*  I know; I'm full of clichés.

Warm regards,
Sahar Husseini
For hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind jewelry, please visit my Website at
www.saharscreations.com
Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/saharscreations
And remember, "Obstacles don't have to stop you.
If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up.
Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
Michael Jordan