[Nfb-krafters-korner] Soap Making (was) Fwd: Freshen Up with Bamboo Soap

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Thu Jan 26 08:43:17 UTC 2012

Joyce,
Thanks for forwarding this. I have decided to try soap-making this year, so
I am in the process of investigating local suppliers here in South Africa.
After doing a bit of research, I have, for now, decided not to do
soap-making from scratch, mainly because of the necessity of using lye. I
was glad to find, though, that there are many other options, including melt
and pour soaps, as well as lotions, foam bath, bath salts, lip gloss,
scrubs, etc. etc. to make.
I would love to learn some special techniques or anything that could help
with doing this craft with limited or no sight. Since I have seen quite a
few posts enquiring about soap-making, might I perhaps suggest a phone or
even an e-mail class on soap-making later in the year or whenever it is
convenient?
I have started my own business selling all kinds of children's products,
including soap and bath products for children. Currently, I buy these
products and then I repackage them into smaller containers or I combine
different products into sets. However, I would love to make a range of bath
products myself one day.
Lindy
Find PRACTICAL PRODUCTS on FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/practicalproducts