[Nfb-krafters-korner] Buying Yarn On-line

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 06:26:53 UTC 2012

Neva,

Lionbrandyarn.com does give color descriptions for their yarns. You don't
have to purchase them there, once you hear of a color described there you
can go where ever you want and purchase it. I use that site to learn all
about the different yarns and then go hunting sales.
You said you are looking for cotton yarn.

For example,
Lion® Cotton Yarn
Article # 760
Our classic 100% cotton, 4-ply worsted-weight yarn with great absorbency.
Ideal for dishcloths, washcloths, placemats, and all kitchen/dining/ bath
projects,
as well as accessories and garments.
Detail
Weight Category: 4 -
Medium: Worsted-weight, Afghan, Aran Yarn
Solids: 5 oz./140g; 236yd/212m balls
Multi: 4 oz/113g; 189 yd/170m balls.
100% Cotton
Gauge:
Knit: 16 stitches x 24 rows = 4"x4" (10cm x 10cm) on size 7 (4.5 mm) needles
Crochet: 16 sc + 16 rows = 4"x4" (10cm x 10cm) with F-5 (3.75 mm) hook

Natural
Article: #760-098   UPC: 023032760988
A soft natural cream

White
Article: #760-100   UPC: 023032761008
Crisp clean white.

Morning Glory Blue
Article: #760-108   UPC: 023032761084
A wonderful medium blue.

Navy
Article: #760-110   UPC: 023032761107
The classical "navy" shade -- blue, almost black.

Poppy Red
Article: #760-112   UPC: 023032761121
Bright and bold red

Seaspray