[Nfb-krafters-korner] gossip!Re: life line/Gardening info

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 28 07:41:13 UTC 2012

Hi Debbie and all other gardeners: That is great information! Yes, it is
always good to try out different plants to find out which ones that you
like. Sometimes, trying a plant more than once will give you better results
than if you have only tried it just once before giving up on it. Last year
at work, we planted spinich but the first round died. We tried it again and
it worked the second time. As for my little balkomy, I find that herbs do
the best. I have tried vegetables and a flower or two without much success.
I currently have mint, bambue and bazel which so far has gone well. The
trick with the plant world is doing your best with what you have while
growing the plants. You can grow one or more plant for years but still go
wrong because of factors like the weather that you can't control. The last
time that we have had a real spring in Oregon was the spring of 2007. That's
four springs ago! Many of our plants have often been behind schedule because
of the weather. Each year, I seem to hear something in the news about why
one plant or another wasn't doing so well for the year. Last year, I have
even been told via the news to plant summer garden seeds on Father's Day
weekend instead of Mother's Day weekend because of the unseasonably cold
spring that we had. No wonder why Oregon has spring feaver(LOL!) I have been
asked more than once the following question: "How many days are there until
spring?" I'm just going to answer that here just in case anyone is wondering
that same thing. As of Friday, January 27, 2012, we have 53 or 54 days
depending on whether the spring equanox falls on March 20, 2012 or March 21,
2012. We need a real spring if we want our plants to grow on time. Well
anyway, if you look up plants on Google, you will find more information than
you know what to do with. I find that same thing with all of my research
that I have been doing this winter for work on worms. The good thing about
Google for you screen-reader-users is that Google is accessable for you. For
you gardeners out there, I wish you good luck with plant growing!
Kendra Schaber