[Nfb-krafters-korner] loomed mittens

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Jan 31 12:50:12 UTC 2012

No, it is not thicker.

I have just made several hats and scarves with Homespun. I combined it with
a strand of very fine fuzzy yarn to give it more softness and a bit of a
fluffiness. It is really beautiful - and so soft when you combine it with a
strand of a novelty yarn.  I do use homespun by itself, too, but mostly in
jackets.

One problem with Homespun is the uneven ness of the yarn.  It is not a good
quality yarn, overall, and you really have to watch what is happening as you
work with it - but it does look wonderful in a Matinee Swing Jacket pattern
I got from Red Heart - I have made many such jackets. The other yarn I use
for them is the Angel Hair you get a JoAnns. Lynda