[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sewing Class

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Tue Jan 31 18:24:07 UTC 2012

I have a Singer Futura sewing machine. It can also convert into an
embroidery machine, though to me, it is quite a cumbersome process.
It is electronic in the sense that it has a screen and slider bars with
lights. However, it does have some audio feedback, which is not speech, but
beeps, which will indicate if your slider is within a certain correct stitch
range. It also has buttons, which makes a soft clicking noise, so I can
count with one button in tens and another advances from 1 to 9.
This machine has quite a few decorative and edge stitches.
I had someone read me the stitch chart, so I can check the name and number
of a stitch if I haven't used it in some time.
What I like about it also, is that it is fairly simple to thread. I
eventually managed to master the lever they call an automatic needle
threader, although one can thread the machine easily with any other method
you prefer.
Lastly, I am lucky to have a place not too far from my home that are
experienced with servicing Singer machines, although I haven't had problems
with my machine so far.
HTH
Lindy

Find PRACTICAL PRODUCTS on FACEBOOK: