[Nfb-krafters-korner] looming a blanket

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:35:01 UTC 2012

Bran,

You have a few choices to avoid the holes. one is to use bulky or super
bulky yarn. This is the easiest solution. The second option is to knit two
strands of yarn as one. a third option is to learn some other stitches that
give a tighter weave. A fourth option is to get a smaller gauge loom. Lots
of options.
Since you are wishing to make a blanket, you will need to learn the pearl
stitch. This is because a flat piece will curl up on the edges if a purl
stitch is not used on the edges. I know, this does complicate matters a bit.

Another option if you are not ready for the purl stitch is this. do you know
how to crochet. you could use this idea from a baby blanket pattern I saw.

To stabilize this loose weave, do single crochet around entire blanket.
Crochet 2 single
crochet stitches in between each row and 2 single crochet stitches in
between each knitted end. Finish with simple shell stitch around single
stitch.

Cathy