[Nfb-krafters-korner] seed stitch Hints for lots of sts

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 17:13:50 UTC 2012

If you have a lot of stitches to keep track of or what it sounds like Lynda
 is having trouble with Let me advise this:

I use rubber bands.  I tie 2 rubber bands together so one dangles off  the
other.  I knot both rubber bands so it is easily found by touch.   Now it
might sound tedious , but put 1 rubber band every 10 or 12  stitches.  Don't
put it 20 stitches apart as you will lose track.  Now  count as you knit.  It
is kind of a life line.  If you are suppose to  end up with a purl at the
end and you got a knit, you only need to go back 10  stitches.  The double
rubber bands will be easy to feel and the weight of 2  of them together will
keep them dangling down so they won't fall off.  I  get like the average size
rubber bands.  They are maybe 1/4 inch thick and  2 inches long laying flat
or a little less.You can purchase them in an office  supply store or
grocery store in the school supplies.They adjust to what size  needles you are
using, just tie that first knot so it fits over your needle and  has room to
slide easily.

If you have to put it down to answer the phone it is easy enough to figure
out where you left off or just take the stitches out back to the last
rubber  band and start counting over.

In a message dated 7/6/2012 6:24:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,