[Nfb-krafters-korner] my vacation, just for your interest

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 14 03:26:53 UTC 2012

Hi Cathy, I have gone to Oral Hull Camp four times though not since three
years ago. Yes, it's right here in Oregon where I'm from. Welcome back to
Oregon!!! I have gone there before they added their adventure camp back in
2002. Back then, we mainly stayed on the campus except for three trips that
I can remember off of my head. One trip was interesting because we all got
to tell our drivers how to get to a local pizza place by reading braille
directions. Our second trip that week that I can remember was a trip to the
Foster Farms house which is a fantastic musium which use to be the house of
a pioneer family. Our third trip that I remember that week was a day trip to
one of our beaches in Linkon City. I went back to Oral Hull Camp in 2006
where Oral Hull added a hike to Wild Wood which is one of our trails in the
forest to the mix. I also helped put up representations of the planets
around one of their tracks as I announced facts about the planets to the
whole group as we went. My next trip to Oral Hull was in 2008 where I got to
go bungy jumping. I have to say that I loved it! They had sky diving but I
didn't take that one up because I just missed the deadline to add my name to
the list all thanks to a vacation in Canada which got canseled on the first
day of camp that year. I did everything else except the sky diving and the
challenge course because that took place at the same time as the bungy trip
did. My last trip there was in 2009 where I did everything that I could. I
did a different camp than the adventure camp because it was already booked
before I got there. I did however go to the beach in Linkon City, went bungy
jumping and did all of the other activities that they offered. I have
enjoyed my visits to Oral Hull Camp. I hope that you enjoyed your's!
Kendra