[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hello there..

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:31:20 UTC 2012

Hi Deasy,

Welcome to our wonderful group.
I have learned more than one new craft since joining this group less than a
year ago. What is so great about this group is that we all have sight
difficulties so are able to explain how to do a craft in a way that a
visually impaired or blind person can understand. For example, you will
never hear us say, "see the photo or watch the video," for instructions. We
explain everything in words, whether it be on a telephone call, in an email
class, or simply on this list. It is so refreshing to learn things from
people who understand my limitations, but help me reach beyond them to
accomplish things I never realized I could. It is also so satisfying to
teach others what I have learned, it helps me feel so good about myself.
Besides it is fun!

Cathy