[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:00:33 UTC 2012

Hi Terry B,

Welcome to our list. So glad you found us!
We've got both guys and gals here actually! <smile>  one is quite a
jokester, so watch out for him!

Anyhow, there are a number of crocheters here in this group and I am one of
them. this past spring I taught a beginner's crochet class for this group
over the phone. Did Barb tell you about it?  if you want to try an easy
crochet project, why not sign up for my class on how to make a gift basket
that will be offered in August. That is, if you have a device to assist you
in hearing adequately over the phone. If this is not possible for you, just
post any specific questions you have and some one here will be happy to
assist you with whatever it is.

In general, what is needed is for you to "see the crocheting with your
fingers." If you have something already crocheted, take it and try to feel
the chain on the beginning row. try to feel a stitch and see if you can pick
out the detail of it. use the tip of one finger. You may find that some
fingertips are more sensitive than others, so use your most sensitive
fingertip. you know what it looks like, so this should help.
When actually crocheting you must always have your fingers feeling what you
are doing with every step of crocheting. this is doable, you've found the
right place for support and assistance.

Cathy (Barb's special looming buddy.