[Nfb-krafters-korner] just figuring out crochet edgings on my own

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 15:27:34 UTC 2012

This class was meant for folks that knew a little about crocheting.[Like
single crochet] and it was for adding crochet edgings to a knitted  project.

Folks had asked to have this class that knew how to knit, but wanted to be
able to add some crochet edgings.

We wanted folks to have knitted squares so we could teach how to add a
crochet edging.

We taught a single crochet edging and how to go around corners.  Most
students got around at least 2 sides or completely around the block and then we
taught a step by step how to do a double crochet stitch and then they
worked a  couple of shells.

We have a better idea of the ability of the group and have asked them to
single crochet around at least 1 more of the 4 blocks for the next class.
We plan on reviewing what was taught last week and going over the second
edging  a little more to start this upcoming week's class.

I do think we need 1 more week  added to this class to cover  things.  So
if you are interested please do sign up and we will get you  caught up.

In a message dated 6/6/2012 12:43:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,