[Nfb-krafters-korner] Update: Gem Show

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Jun 10 16:55:41 UTC 2012

Nacre is the name of it - also known as Mother of Pearl. It is "ORGANIC" in
nature.
Here is a good site for learning more about it. Right now, I am doing a lot
of work with it and just delivered 25 new summer necklaces I made to the
gallery. It is a very iridescent material, very light weight, and these days
it can be dyed in such fantastic colors. It was very popular in the 1960s in
jewelry. Mother of Pearl, aka, MOP, was used for centuries for exquisite
decorative items, and in churches for altars, in furniture as inlays, etc.

http://jewelry.about.com/od/pearls/qt/motherofpearl.htm

You can find lots more on MOP just by doing a google search. but this give
you the idea. I am just in love with it this year.

I just placed a really nice order for some Green Opals, Green Tree Agates,
and some Wax Opals, and Mangasdite stones...gearing up for lots more jewelry
making this summer.

Have a sunny day!
Lynda River Woman