[Nfb-krafters-korner] jewelry-making, about findings

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:08:29 UTC 2012

Yes, when using the Lobster claw clasp or the one you described as a D
shaped clasp, on the other end of your project you would have a simple ring,
or hoop.  When the clasp is opened, Lobster claw, or D ring the simple ring
would go into the clasp and then be closed inside of the clasp.

As for the two ends that twist together.  I have a couple of necklaces with
that clasp.  It would not be good for a bracelet as you need 2 hands to open
and close it.  The right side and the left side screw together to close the
clasp.  I do not know the proper name of that type of clasp.

 Dixie