[Nfb-krafters-korner] For Henrietta - soap bags

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Mon Jun 25 23:32:26 UTC 2012

Hi Lindy,
A long time ago I found a pattern or two for these little guys. But can't find it now.

I use 100 percent cotton yarn and I am using size six needles. I found that if I cast on thirty three stitches it is wide enough. I am practicing lots of stitches I have wanted to work on for a long time. So mine are textured to say the least. Dan said I could use bigger needles because they are pretty heavy duty now.

Near the top I do a row with yarn overs every four or five stitches to make holes to run a cord through. I simply tie the cord so it is long enough to open for the bar of soap and then closed, hangs from his wrist so the bag fits in his hand to use as a wash cloth.

I was thinking that this is a good gift for men at holiday time. I will just make a manly scented soap to put inside.

Henrietta