[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:11:38 UTC 2012

Lovette,

"if it works why not" works for me.  having eleven stitches consistently is
certainly a good thing and so is the fact that you are increasing your speed
and probably confidence as well. I am so pleased. I can only guess about why
you have started  with 13 chains and ended up with eleven stitches. but
actually, only one stitch is missing. If you chain 13 you should
consistently have 12 stitches. The first chain in the second row is supposed
to be skipped because it is your turning chain. Maybe you started in the
third, rather than in the second chain from the hook when you began your
first row of single crochet. Don't worry about it too much. Just keep going
and work on your stitch count,  stitch tension and confidence.

Cathy