[Nfb-krafters-korner] Selling at craft markets

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Tue Mar 13 07:03:31 UTC 2012

Hi there,
To those who sell at craft markets, I was wondering about a few things.
1 Do any of you manage a stall or a table on your own, or do you usually
have someone there to help?
2 If you do it on your own, how do you answer the questions: how much is
this? or I'd like to take this ... or Do you have change for this?
3 How do you handle sorting and exchanging paper money?
I had my first experience with selling at a stall last Saturday and these
were some of the aspects I had to deal with.
I don't think it is immediately obvious that I am blind, which did make for
some awkward situations, I thought.
Perhaps there may be some obvious answers to some of these questions, or
perhaps I just need some practice with being more comfortable in dealing
with strangers in that type of setting?
I know it will be most helpful to have prices on either the products or on
the containers they reside in, but it just felt like people related to me
using gestures a lot of the time, which obviously made communication
somewhat difficult and even though I wanted to respond in a confident
manner, I found it quite challenging at times.
Any ideas and thoughts would be much appreciated.
Lindy

Find PRACTICAL PRODUCTS on FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/practicalproducts