[Nfb-krafters-korner] Matinee Swing Jacket

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 09:49:14 UTC 2012

Lynda,

The knitting needles were the first thing I tried after I went blind.   It
took about 6 months for me to get determined that now that I had so much
time  on my hands with nothing to do I wanted to try doing something.  I did
have  a tough time recovering from the open heart surgery, besides learning
how to be  blind.

The next thing after going out getting a new knitting bag, yarn, needles
and pattern, besides a small tape recorder and knitting during the day and
ripping out at night, I decided to pull out my old sewing machine and giving
that a try.  My Singer Featherweight I had since I was 16 years old and
that is the faithful  old machine I pulled out and sat down to see if I  could
use it.

In a message dated 3/19/2012 3:47:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,