[Nfb-krafters-korner] Introduction from new knitter

Brandy W ballstobooks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:16:47 UTC 2012

Hi, My name is Brandy. I live in Williamston MI just outside of Lansing,
where I provide child care and tutoring from my home for children of all
ages and abilities.

I've just started learning to knit, and thought this would be a fun place to
talk with others who also knit who are blind. So far I've only learned the
simple knit stitch, and find that I accidently do all kinds of things that
someday I'll want to do deliberately. I decided to learn to knit so I'd have
something to do when I travel or wait on others other than read. Then I saw
some of my friends work including using one of her knitted dish cloths and
knew I needed to give it a try.

I'm enjoying it so far. Besides help from a few friends I've found a few
books on bard, but I've found that their descriptions of things don't really
make sense.

I also know how to make the hats and bags on the circular lume that semi
resembles knitting.

So Thanks for having me as I learn the adventure of knitting.

Bran

Brandy Wojcik

Discovery Toys Team leader and Educational Consultant

www.playtoachieve.com