[Nfb-krafters-korner] today's Agenda

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Mar 25 11:24:13 UTC 2012

The captured a one hour conversation on video. The next step is to edit it
down and the Society for Contemporary Craft in Pittsburgh, will be putting
it up on their website. The Dr. and I asked for a complete copy of the DVD
and we will get that sent to us in the mail. I was wearing one of my
encrusted beadworked talismans and had brought about 8 of them for display.
I know they also photographed them after the event was over so I am thinking
there might be stills done from those photos too.  I had also brought in one
of the Forest Sprit Bowls that we made in class. the one I berought in is
very large and colorful. I call it the _Caribbean Sea_ because those are the
colors - I used a celedon glaze over all. Then, I applied brushstrokes of
Acapulco Blue, Ivy Green Transparent, and Mottled Blue Transparent. It looks
like the Caribbean Sea, to me.

We are going to be doing more projects together in the future - a marriage
of medicine and art - exhibitions and who knows what else may transpire.

The key belief that we both hold is that we are artists and persons first of
all. We just happen to also have a sight loss, but that is not who we are
and we are not defined by that. We learn to adapt and continue on with our
lives and be the persons and artists that we are through our use of skills
and technologies.

We were also able to give new information to professionals in the art field
concerning exhibitions and accessibility. All in all, in that one hour we
covered some good territory and brought new information to those in the
field.

Lynda