[Nfb-krafters-korner] craft books

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 22:01:46 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Oh I just had to share this with everyone!

For my birthday next month my husband is giving me a Plextalk pocket
portable player from Freedom Scientific and a subscription to bookshare!

I was browsing around on bookshare this afternoon and there are quite a few
books on knitting with looms, knitting with needles, and crocheting. I
couldn't find anything on beading straight away, but I probably just need to
adjust my search terms. I will be able to make so many things now and
probably teach a class in something I have learned to make in one or more of
these books. I have an NLS player, but this has limited me to the Bard site.
Now with my subscription and the new Plextalk player I will be able to take
my books and patterns everywhere with me, just like you folks who have those
smart phones.

Thank you to Karen and to the others of you who recommended bookshare as a
resource for craft learning.

So anyhow, just all excited and wanted to share!

Cathy