[Nfb-krafters-korner] Doing it wrong

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 01:21:38 UTC 2012

Hi Terry and all,

Oh Terry I do so feel for you, having to take apart your scarf!. a similar
catastrophe happened to me last night.
I brought my lacy shawl to a friend to sew on the clasp and found out that I
had knitted part of it in T and Q denim and the other half in T and Q denim
twist! The company apparently gave me skeins of different colors, for I had
ordered three of all the same color! I was so depressed, I figure it must
look weird though my friend said that it did not.

If that wasn't bad enough, I went home after that and bound off my other
shawl for my mum using the pearl bind off method and it worked beautifully.
So I then checked my cast-on row to see if the two edges looked the same,
only to find that the middle of my cast-on row was coming apart! I tried to
fix it, spent hours trying. Tanya said that she did not know what to do. so
I took the entire piece apart. 18" by 60".  I wanted to cry and did a
little. Still haven't done anything about the shawl in two different colors
yet.

So I feel your pain with your scarf. You are not alone!

Cathy