[Nfb-krafters-korner] Attn: Ravelry Members

slerythema slerythema at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:12:14 UTC 2012

If you are currently on Ravelry (or wish to join), they have special events
for the Olympics called Ravelympics.

I was wondering if any of you will be competing, and if you would be
interested in a Team NFB Krafters?

What are the Ravelympics?
First, Ravelry is social networking for knitters and crocheters (this
includes some spinning and weaving but they do not have many tools in that
category yet). It is a place to organize your yarn and yarn projects, and
you can share with others what you are working on, including participating
in groups. There is a Krafters group, though we don't actually do anything
over there yet.

Second, the olympics part comes out with events just like the real olympics.
Things such afghan marathons, hat sprints, glove javelin. To participate in
the events, you create your project page just like you normally do, but you
have to add the proper tags to it. So, if you were doing hat sprints you
would add "hat sprints" to your tags and if we do a team NFB Krafters, you
would also add "Team NFB Krafters." (The official tags and events will be
posted closer to the games.) There is a leader board that will show your
ranking in the event and also add your score to the Team NFB Krafters
rankings.

The olympics are held July 27-Aug 12 and you cannot cast-on until the
official opening ceremonies (official time calculated to your time zone).
There is always a WIP and UFO categories which are the only categories that
do not follow the cast-on rule.

Here is the official page where you can read more details:
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/ravelympics-2012/2092752/1-25

I love the olympics and record everything to make sure that I get to watch
all the events I'm interested in, even when I can't watch "live." I'll be
happy to setup the Team if anyone is interested in joining me. You do have
to be a member to participate, but you can join now (I don't know if they
still have a wait time, but if they do, the closer it gets to the start
date, the longer it will take to join).

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Cindy S.
PS If there is actually interest, I'll try setup something on the website so
non-Ravelry members can see how the team is doing.

Blog: https://writingandmarketing.wordpress.com

Knit with Care-where you can find the right hand knit gift for your special
occasion.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Knit-with-Care/107415059359215?sk=wall