[Nfb-krafters-korner] participation in class

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu May 17 21:49:30 UTC 2012

Participation in the classes that we teach are important.  Students  need
to have their supplies on hand and work along with the teacher.  It  seems
like lately folks have been coming to class unprepared and just  listening.

Listening to a class if you never took any of our classes before might be
OK to check out how we do classes, but you really need to have supplies
ready to  work with during our classes.  It is better to work along with the
teacher  and ask your questions as they arise.  Our teachers spend their time
to  prepare for these classes and are ready during the class to answer your
questions.  The teacher makes time during the week in between the class to
answer questions when folks post them to the list.  It is also helpful that
other students can help by explaining the how tos during the class or via
email  on the list.  Sometimes it takes just another set of words for
explanation  for the light bulb to shine bright with understanding.

These are how our classes have been done from the get go.  It is not  fair
to our teachers if you don't work along in the class with them.

If you want to chat, that is what the Monday Night Chats are for.  We  also
do discussions on some of the Monday Nights where there is talks regarding
different crafting topics and we encourage everyone to add to this
discussion  with comments and questions.

Please consider this when signing up for a class.