[Nfb-krafters-korner] What loom stitch am i making?

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:28:56 UTC 2012

I'm interested in the upcoming looming class. but, I don't know if I'm
perling and or making a true knit stitch. My sister who taught me just
told me what to do without naming anything. And, I only know the one
stitch. So, this is what I know if anyone can name it for me.

Using a round loom, I wrap the yarn around each peg until I complete a
full circle. I wrap yarn around the pegs again forming two whole rows
of loops around each peg. I then take the knitting tool and insert the
tool under the bottom loop on each peg, bring it up over what was the
top loop and cast it off. I do this until there is only one row left
and then I wrap to make two rows and repeat. The end.

What stich is this?

Thanks,
LM