[Nfb-krafters-korner] {Disarmed} Fw: Help with socks for Sandy

Diane dianefilipe at comcast.net
Sun Nov 4 15:08:35 UTC 2012

Ginger Snap CraftsI am going to Walmart today to get socks.
Anyone else want to help?
Diane
      New post from Ginger Snap Crafts

      Socks for Sandy

      You know that feeling you get when your feet are cold and you slip on a pair of warm socks? Or when you can warm your hands and head while outside by wearing gloves and a hat? That feeling of warmth, of comfort, is something we take for granted. For the victims of Hurricane Sandy, it is a feeling we want to give back to them.

      Laura Kuhlmann, a blogger and member of Hometalk who lives in Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey, was fortunate that her neighborhood was spared with only minor damages. But just a few minutes down the road, entire areas were wiped out including Mystic Island, Osborne Island, and Tuckerton Beach. Long Beach Island, just across the bay, also suffered extraordinary damage just as every barrier island and shore town up and down New Jersey's once-beautiful coastline has.

      Laura couldn't stop thinking about something her sister-in-law (volunteering at the local hurricane shelter) told her: that people were walking around barefoot and just wanted a pair of socks. Even as donations started to pour in to the shelter, Laura couldn't get the idea of warm socks out of her head. She wanted to collect some warmth on a large scale for the victims of Sandy, and shared her idea with me and our fellow blogging friends on Hometalk. Our network of Hometalk bloggers includes several members living in New Jersey who were affected by Hurricane Sandy. We embraced the idea enthusiastically with offers of help to bring this idea to fruition.

      So here we are. Our mission is a simple one, and has a fast turn-around time too.
      We want to provide socks to warm one's feet, gloves to warm one's hands, and winter hats to warm one's head. All to warm one's soul. Now.

      You can help us gather up some warmth to share by collecting socks, gloves and winter hats, and sending them to:

      Socks for Sandy
      P.O. Box 520
      Little Egg Harbor, NJ 08087

      Please mail by Friday, November 9 since the need is urgent.

      This can be a great project to involve your kids in, because it all comes down to giving a bit of warmth to someone in need. Laura will receive all packages and immediately take these to the local hurricane shelter. Any excess will be given to the other hurricane shelters up and down New Jersey's coastline. What started as an idea has blossomed into warmth, and it is simple to get involved.

      Another way to help:

      Our family continues to send our love & prayers to those effected by Sandy.

      Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
      If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

      Subscribe to {Ginger Snap Crafts} by Email

      You are subscribed to email updates from Ginger Snap Crafts
      To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery powered by Google