[Nfb-krafters-korner] note to soap sack classmates

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 21:41:48 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I wanted to make a few additional comments. Last night after class I tried
the bind-off three times without success. Eventually I had a tangled mess
and decided to start from scratch. My thought this time is to work the bind
off in the opposite direction following the steps I have outlined for you by
moving the loops from left to right around the loom, instead of right to
left. I really don't know if this will work better, but if you are also
struggling with the bind-off you might give it a try.

Also based on Terry's comment in the first class, I have decided to seed
stitch the first sixteen rows by simply going around and around never
varying the knit purl pattern even when changing rows. I don't know if this
will improve the look of the sack, but if you decide to make another one
yourself, you can give this method a try.

Linda is the only one who has finished the body of her sack, so I will be
waiting to here from the rest of you and will let you know how it goes with
me.

The more I learn, the more I want to learn!

Cathy