[Nfb-krafters-korner] red heart sashay yarn

Sarah Sykes sarahmsykes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 22:59:57 UTC 2012

For the class you'll need size 9 needles and only one skein of Red Heart
Boutique Sashay yarn.  The class will take place on January 10, but the
sign up is not posted yet. I'll let you know as soon as it has.

I wouldn't recommend learning to knit on this yarn, but it is fine for a
beginner to do. The technique is simple enough for a beginner, but it takes
more patience than knitting with regular yarn, so I can imagine a learner
might get easily frustrated with it.  The resulting scarves are truly
lovely and totally worth the effort and patience, but I would hate to see
someone give up on learning to knit just because of this project.

But then, I'm willing to teach anyone who shows up, and since the cast on
is one of the skills everyone will be learning fresh, a person who has
never knit will not be much behind anyone else.

Sarah M Sykes
sarahmsykes at gmail.com
www.sarahmsykes.com