[Nfb-krafters-korner] I need help with the flat closed method bind off ...

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 04:43:06 UTC 2012

LM,

It sounds like a mistake in the instructions to me. it sounds like a
combination of two different bind off methods, one used for a round gather
and the other used as a flat bind off. what did you say you were making? If
it is a bootie or sock or slipper then follow my instructions for a flat
bind off.  Hats do use a bind off that involves cutting of the yarn leaving
a short tail and then cutting a separate 24 inch strand of yarn and using a
different bind off technique that gathers the yarn into a round circle. Then
the two ends from the woven in yarn as well as the three inch tail are all
tied together in the top inside of the hat.

If you are making a hat, I can send you the bind off for that.

Cathy