[Nfb-krafters-korner] update on my all-in-one knitting board

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 02:38:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

An update on my all-in-one loom and my first project.

The base of the loom is 19 inches wide and 3 inches on the sides. The height
from base to top of peg is  a touch over 2 inches. The pegs are 3/8 inch
from top of one peg to the next.

So in other words, this loom takes some getting used to!  When I set it on
my lap, it is taller than I am used to with my KK, not just the base is
higher, but the pegs are also longer. then of course there is the fact that
the pegs are much closer together than I am accustomed to.

So anyhow tonight I began my first project, a wash cloth designed for this
particular loom. I have wrapped and knit off my first row. I had to wrap 38
of my 48 pegs on one side. A lot of pegs for a wash cloth I kept thinking.
The cloth seems so stretched out on the loom it measures 14 inches, but I am
told it will measure 8 to 8 and a half inches when finished.

Anyhow I wanted to let you all know that I was pleasantly surprised at how
easy it was to knit the pegs! I had really had my doubts as to whether I
could knit with pegs so close together. of course I did have to be careful
not to wrap too tightly and of course I had to take care that I did not skip
a peg. But, I can do it! just as when I first learned to loom on my KK, I
feel as though a whole new world has once again opened up for me.

Now I can try to make some lighter weight projects in worsted or even sport
weight yarn with one strand.

I'll keep all of you posted on my progress.

Till next time.

The more I learn, the more I want to learn!

Cathy