[Nfb-krafters-korner] Test Builders Needed for Cardboard ModelCarKits.

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Tue Oct 9 13:34:06 UTC 2012

The one I had, worked on braille paper.

Terry P.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lindy van der Merwe [mailto:stephlin at iafrica.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2012 3:16 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Test Builders Needed for Cardboard ModelCarKits.

Hi Joyce and all, I think I still have what you describe. It is a small wheel with sharp teeth, if I can call it that.
As you push the gadget along a surface, the wheel rolls freely and makes a sort of perforation.
I think it was called a tracing wheel, though I can't remember how my mom used it. I don't think it will work on cardboard, though.
It might have been created to score thin paper patterns or carbon paper.
Lindy

Find PRACTICAL PRODUCTS on FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/practicalproducts