[Nfb-krafters-korner] Using large crochet hook?

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:26:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

N is the smallest crochet hook I've ever used. I started out using P
and Q/S hooks and I've worked my way down to N. I think for a sweater
the N hook would be fine especially if you have a nice thick yarn with
it. The thinnest yarn I've used is a 4 or 5 weight (it was a homespun
yarn in Painted Desert and can't recall the weight). The shawl I made
was in sc's and dc's and came out nice. I probably wouldn't wear the
rippled sweater without a tank underneath because I think it might get
a little chilly with the holes, but overall, I think it might turn out
very beautiful.