[Nfb-krafters-korner] Rake Knitting and Looms:

Carol csiegel at verizon.net
Mon Sep 3 07:08:41 UTC 2012

Hi Every one, this is Carol Siegel.
When I called Michaels yesterday, I asked them what kind of Rake Knitting
Looms they had?

They told me they have a brand called; Loops and Threads.

I am wondering how these are different from the Boye and Martha Stewart
Versions.

None of the sales people were able to tell me.

They did tell me that the pegs don't have grooves in them.

They had no idea if the spacing ETC. is different.

When I was in a Hobby Lobby, in Texas, they didn't have any of these type
looms.

When I called A.C. More, they didn't know anything about these.
I haven't checked to see what Joannes says.

I like what Sam and Isela had at Decoraccents when they were in Business.

I like the Plastic and Wooden pegs and I never used the grooves.

I also like the (Little round Balls) on the tops of the pegs, because they
keep the stitches from falling off the tops of the pegs.

Does anybody have any comments on this subject?

I have an old loom that I have been using since 1963, the bottom has tape
all around it, and I also have it held together with rubber bands.

This company is no longer in business.

This is all that I have to say for now.

Carol Siegel

P.S. A lot of times, when you talk about looms, people think that you are
talking about looms that we use to make pot holders on.