[Nfb-krafters-korner] Note taker

Miranda B. knownoflove at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 01:20:14 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have a Pac Mate Omni that I no longer use and am hoping to sell, because I
now use my iPhone and netbook. The netbook is portable enough for me, but
for the things the netbook isn't portable enough for my iPhone does the job.
I'm planning to purchase a Focus 14 bluetooth Braille display in 2013, and
that will work with both the iPhone and netbook.
I like my iPhone and netbook combination for the mainstream accessibility
and not needing to pay high prices for maintenance agreements for the Pac
Mate and high screen reader prices for the Windows Mobile smartphones. The
other issue with Windows Mobile is that the last accessible version is
Windows Mobile 6.5, and no one is using or developing for that version any
longer. Therefore, technology running this version of Windows Mobile is
out-of-date and finding applications that will support it will soon become
very difficult, because no one is supporting it anymore. Basicly, if you
have a smartphone running Windows Mobile 6.5 and your smartphone breaks or
dies, you're forced to go with the iPhone or Android. We chose iPhone
because we didn't want to pay more money for the Android screenreader.

The Pac Mate Omni is great if you're just doing daily tasks and you're not
concerned with things that I may be concerned about as a college student and
business owner. If it wasn't for my needs expanding, I would use my Pac Mate
Omni still.
Hope this helps, and have a great week!

In Christ, Miranda